Monday, December 1, 2008

Every Fad possible!

Yep, My whole life my weight gone up an down like a crazy roller coaster....

...I have done the Adkins, it worked, and then I had some carbs....

....I was a vegetarian, worst 4 hours of my life!

..... exercise overload, calorie counting, you name it, I tried it.

....everything sort of worked, like the quick fix it promised... and then I let up and got chunky again.

....I was even in an infomercial.... well sort of... more on that later...

The one thing I did learn through it all, there is no permanent quick fix. no silver bullet. Its about making changes in your lifestyle you can live with, and change takes a lot of time. It will not last if its drastic.... Oh you think it will, and for a while it does.... then it happens. life gets in the way. that set of holidays, or that vacation, or work is crazy.
I don't put my own health even in my 10 ten list of things to do, or 10 most important? and why is that? how can I do my job well, or be there for my family and friends if I don't even take care of me?!

This is the biggest problem I face, there is always a technical rehearsal or a meeting or, 19 other things more important then me eating a sensible meal, or taking time to exercise.

I am putting me in the number one spot, and that doesn't make me selfish or insane... in fact it is totally the opposite.

2 comments:

Janjan Bedpan said...

Good for you! I know the feeling. I started this weekend too because I had the flu and got a jump start on the weight loss! Let's do this... Lord knows we'll be happier for it! :)

Teresa Kovach said...

Good for you, Brad! If I can do it ANYONE can! It's been over 2 years now since I lost my 50 - that last 5-10 comes and goes, but I think that's just my body's way of keeping me honest! :)

You have the absolute right attitude...you DO need to put yourself first. And once you get yourself in check, you'll be amazed at how effortlessly everything else just falls into place.

Best of luck - let me know if you need any advice. The one thing I'll offer is - don't deprive yourself. And don't skip the gym. That place has become my sanctuary...the people who work there tease me that I should get a job and just live there. But if I miss more than a day or two, I feel horrible...and you've known me long enough to know I'm FAR from an exercise guru!

I'll be checking in on you!