Sunday, December 7, 2008

Week one is over, and the results are......

219.6 lbs!!!!!

Chest 44"
Waist 43.5"
Hips 42"

I carved a little layer off my body. Granted some of this was thanksgiving day wasteland.... but still this is an AMAZING first week.

The plan is to lose 4lbs a month.... not a week. The thing is I am not going crazy with my food intake.... I am not starving myself, I am not depriving myself of food cravings.
I am eating better sized portions.

I feel great. If I just hold at where I am at for the next week or two, I am still ahead of my goal weight. I will continue to eat reasonably and exercise.


Exercise.

We are doing 40 minutes of resistance training 4 times a week low weights, high repetitions.
We are doing 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week, mostly walking, some light jogging.
This week I am adding some Pilates mat work to work on my core.

Slow and steady wins the race.

The other important factor to remember, Nick and I have a side bet/deal going for motivation... and part of it is to lose 4lbs a month, and even if we lose more than that in a month we do not get to "pay it forward" we still need to lose 4lbs a month.... why you ask? So we don't do the stupid guy thing, get overly competitive, lose to much weight in an unhealthy manner and then yo yo it back in three months....
this isn't my first time at the rodeo....

Thank you to all my followers and well wishers!!!

1 comment:

Idesign said...

I'm glad to hear the first week is over and you are doing well. your healthy attitude and realistic expectations will take you far. keep up the great job and I will be checking in and sending some positive thoughts your way. PEACE AND LOVE.