Saturday, December 6, 2008

Doing great, even when I am not....

Good morning,

So for starters, let me say this doesn't "feel" like a diet. I am not miserable or cranky or mood swingy. (well any more then normal for me)

I don't make the best choices at every meal, but when that happens, I make better choices for the next meal... example, yesterday I knew I was going to go to an Italian restaurant for lunch, so for breakfast I had a bowl of special K and a cup of coffee (black) At lunch I went a little off the deep end and had a big bowl of pasta with Alfredo sauce (YUMMY!!!) so to counter that for dinner I had a cup of soup and a salad.
I am allowed to be human and enjoy food... just not go over board all the time, and be sure to keep myself in balance when I do go overboard.

The first week is almost over, and I am feeling great... tomorrow is the day I report weight/measurement changes...

In the past I would get so crazy OCD obsessive about "being on a diet" that I would make myself miserable and then beat myself up if I fell off of it. The big difference now is, there is nothing to "go off of" its more importaint to look at the big picture and be ballanced. Food will always be around me. Temptation will always be there. Its better to be human and have a peice of cake, or some french fries every once and a while... just not at EVERY meal.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Yep. Right there with you.

I did Nutrisystems a few years back. It cost me about $320 a month for the food. I was starving all day long and couldn't wait to get my (literally) one cup of food. I was miserable, but I lost weight.

This time, the goal is so much easier - lose 1lb a week. Lose 4 lbs in a month. Without adding exercise (yet) it's been pretty simple. I'm not hungry, and when I am, I make better choices (mostly because I'm posting pics of everything.)

Plus, it helps knowing that you're doing the same thing.

b-rad S said...

Nick I agree, knowing that your not alone in how you feel about your body and your dealings with food makes it easier. Plus this is the first time I stopped and "checked in" with myself to see WHY I think and feel the way I do about food and my body...