Monday, December 8, 2008

Out to eat....

So we went to the TEXAS ROADHOUSE for dinner with our dear friends Kevin and Nate.

Looking at the menu ( RED MEAT is the reason I know there is a God!) I see I have four options for my cut of meat. 6 oz, 8 oz, 11 oz, or 13 oz.... I was ready to order the 8oz and was embarrassed to do so.... So I ordered 11 oz....(some how I am less of a man if I don't eat a slab of meat that is the size of my head...) and for my two sides a salad and mixed steamed veggies. I took shit for "eating healthy" because I didn't order a baked potato. I mean come on. What is so sexy and exotic about a baked potato? (don't get me wrong potatos are also the reason I know there is a God) but really. You can have a potato 24/7, in many shapes and sizes... what's the big deal? How often do you have a potato and it happens to be earth shatteringly different then any other time?

And WAIT! Nate is a DOCTOR, so I know he was just being playful, and not seriously judging me for eating a bit more sensible, yet I still let it bother me?! I need to get a grip. This of course is the same person that doesn't weight more than a buck fourty soaking wet, and the same person that ate an entire slab of ribs.... not that I hate him or anything :)


So no potato, more veggies, and a big slab of meat! I did cave in and have some roles... I mean I can't go all ADKINS, that was so six years ago....

The thing is I only ate about 7 oz of my steak! I took the rest home. I didn't need the potato or the BIGGEST slab of meat to fill myself up or be satisfied.

Here is my shout out to all my Midwestern Peeps.... HOW HARD IS IT TO NOT BE A MEMBER OF THE CLEAN PLATE CLUB?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am officially revoking my membership for the rest of my life!

3 comments:

Nick said...

"What is so sexy and exotic about a baked potato?"

Best. Line. Ever.

The clean plate club isn't a problem - if you don't pile food on your plate like a typical midwesterner. :)

Tansasser said...

Good for you, b-rad! I'm so proud of you for going on this journey...and making it public. That's awfully brave! I have come to many of the same conclusions as you, as of late. Eat less, exercise more and quit complaining.

b-rad S said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!