Monday, December 15, 2008

Craig


I have this friend, actually one of my best friends in the world. We lived together for well over a year. He is truly one of the most beautiful people I have ever met... not just on the outside but inside too.


His body looks like something an artist would chisel out of marble.

I am so proud of him, because I know how hard he works to look the way he does. He exercises all the time, he eats VERY balanced and healthy.


Its interesting because I see how other people treat him:

There are plenty of people who objectify him, (he looks like a A & F model for fucks sake)


I hear people say bitchy snide things like "oh it must be nice to look like that, I hate him", "he has it so easy being so good looking" and always " I want his body"


It makes me sad, people get really mean and nasty and they don't even know him, they judge him without having any reason to back it up. There really are so many people that think it is all so effortless.


It couldn't possibly be because he WORKS HIS ASS OFF, makes really good choices in what he eats, lives a healthy life, AND makes sacrifices!


Craig is not blessed with some mutant genetics, he comes from solid eastern European peasant stock (I can say this because so do I we both joke that our butts can be called "Bo hunk-a-dunks")


Craig has undergone very extensive and painful rehabilitative surgery on his shoulder, TWICE.

Months of rehab. He has had to work a lot and has had many set backs, just like all of us.


Here is the reality check:


Everyone can have a great body, it just requires a lot of hard work, eating right, and not wishing for some quick fix. It doesn't exists.

We as a society eat WAY too much food, and not of the correct things. And we don't burn enough of it off...

that is why we are FAT FAT FAT.

no other reason. Stop hating on my friend Craig.


I not only got to spend a great weekend with my dear friend Craig; I had the chance to photograph him for some updated pics for his model book.


It was fun, and so insightful. Craig was nervous, stiff, and awkward: seeing how we are BFFs this didn't make any sense...


then it did,

he didn't know how beautiful his body was...

as I coached him and placed him in different poises, he got a little better . When I started showing him the pictures, I could see him finally see himself...

Craig is like so many of us, he still only sees himself as the awkward "husky" guy of his past... he works so hard, and doesn't enjoy it. Craig saw (for what looked like the first time) what we all see, this beautiful chiseled God.


I hope Craig will continue to see himself as I see him.


Beautiful.


2 comments:

Nick said...

Ain't it a bear?

When I WAS thin and pretty, I didn't like my body. Now that I'm beefy and pretty, I am still not satisfied with how my body looks. Point is, we're all self-concious about our bods.

Craig is absolutely wonderful, but it isn't his body that is so attractive. He's smart, talented, and curious; all of that makes him wildly attractive to me. His body *is* wonderful, but he never, ever presents his personality as "The Body of Craig" -- his body is just pretty packaging that contains so many other fabulous attributes.

b-rad S said...

I agree %100! This weekend (because I introduced Craig to a lot of new people) I saw how the outside world sees him and reactions before they actually talk to him...