Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How much I need to eat....

So...

I am making a point to eat slower, much slower. (I am always rushing around to the point that I don't take enough time to slow down to eat....hurry hurry hurry, now now now, deadlines, meetings, now now now)

In addition to eating slower I am cutting my portions in half... so that way I am eating a normal portion instead of eating two, or three.... it is said a portion is the size of your fist... I have clearly been loading up the plate, and eating so quickly I don't know that I am full.
Why do I know this? well by eating slower and having less food on my plate the last two days I have noticed the following
A. I am full, and B. its with more than half the meal I normally eat.

So yes it is only day two, so its not like I have solved this problem, but its also day two and I am not overly bitchy, hungry, or angry due to being on a diet. (not any more bitchy then I normally am...)

Taking enough time to notice what I am eating and slowing down how long I take to eat is making a difference... now I just need to stay on track....
....
I can do this

1 comment:

Nick said...

The slowing down thing is crucial. The sausage, peppers & onions I had tonight for example; in the past i would have popped 2-3 of the sausage pieces in my mouth along with a fork full of the peppers and onions.

Tonight, I cut each sausage disk in 1/2, then cut a veggie in 1/2 before eating it. It slowed me down and it made me concentrate on the flavors of what I was eating. It was a LOT more enjoyable than the nasty chicken orange thing I had at lunch.