Monday, January 19, 2009

A quiet thing...

I have not been writing much lately... Things I am noticing.

Fast food is gross, and doesn't taste good.

OK that was not a big revelation... In eating better we have been avoiding fast food. Tonight we were running around (price checking Home Depot vs. Loews ) and decided to grab a bite at Boston Market. We used to love Boston Market. Not so much. It was heavy and drenched in sodium. The meal was totally gross.

Restaurants food portions really are double to triple what we need.

In the last month I have not finished a single meal in a restaurant, unless it was a "small" or "right sized" portion. I get lots of protest from my servers... because they somehow know what I need or want... how could I possibly be full on a "child sized" portion. Otherwise I take half of it home.

I am not dropping drastic weight. It is slow and steady. I feel good. I like the way I am looking. I am enjoying working out. I am stronger, and healthier. I have more endurance with cardiovascular workouts.

Nothing exciting to report, other than I am changed.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Slow and steady weight is all that we're after. My body is just reacting because I'm finally feeding it the way it wanted to be fed - smaller portions. I suspect that the weight loss will slow down eventually.

I agree about the fast food. Coworkers went out to lunch and brought me back McDonalds. They were upset when I wouldn't eat it. "It's not food," I told them. It's like smokers who stop smoking and they regain their sense of smell. By cutting out the fast food and junk food, I've regained a sense of taste.

Keep up the good work, baby.