Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What gives?

Hey all,
fun fact, I like to exercise. I truly enjoy breaking a sweat and pushing my body to its limits. No really, its true.

I have an over active mind (Hey, I know who I am... and when I exercise I feel like my mind slows down and my body catches up. I am sure they make a pill for this, but I believe pills should be saved for recreational purposes...)

In fact before we moved out to AZ I thought I was going to get back in shape and study to become a personal trainer. (I love teaching and I am good at it, so I thought what a perfect combo....)

What happened you ask?

I got scared. I didn't know where to start, I was depressed, the move was sudden and I didn't know anyone. I missed my family and friends. I missed not having a job (typical male I have my self worth tied directly into my paycheck).

I did the most obvious and worst thing I could do, eat a lot and gain 20 more pounds!

So then I decided I was too fat to be a personal trainer (I thought wow I am a walking SNL sketch)

I still have all the study at home items collecting dust... it's never too late.

The next question, if I love exercise so much, what gives? Why don't I do it all the time and get healthy and happy with my body?

Ever notice the farther out of shape you get, the less inspired you are to work out? Is it because you are sad at what little your capable of? Is it regret for letting you slip away? It becomes a slippery slope.


Before I met Chris I did not have cable TV. It was not a priority. It was not in the budget. I did not care, I felt that I was living life instead of watching other people live.

When we finished remodeling the house (about eight months before the big move) we rewarded ourselves with cable.

This is a totally lame excuse.

I was a Moth to the flame....

It is such an easy escape.

I at least can see it now for what it really is.

Plus I could turn the TV on and get on the treadmill...

Why does the TV brainwash you and turn you into a lazy pile of crap? what is its intoxicating power?

Kill your TV and go out and live.

No comments: